Friday, March 16, 2012

Welcome to Venture & Roam

As my first post, I'll try to summarize what I hope to accomplish with my blog. To be honest, while I love to write, this will be a new experience for me. But I believe that life is meant to be full of new experiences.

My love of discovering new experiences is one of the reasons that I love traveling so much. I hope to share with you stories about my traveling, both past and future trips. I want to roam as much of this planet as possible. Most recently I traveled to Barcelona for three days. I hope that you'll share with me your own experiences in traveling.

I have a huge passion for anything artsy and I absolutely love crafting. From watercolors to knitting, and everything in between, I love being able to create things. Pinterest has taken my love of crafting to an obsessive level, so I may try to do one Pinterest craft a week. However, I will also try to share with you some of my favorite crafts as often as possible. I hope that you will also share your favorite projects with me too.

In my personal life, I have undertaken the first steps towards creating my own business, which I hope to document on this blog as well. I am sure that I am in for a long and bumpy road, but I am confident that it will be exciting as well. You'll probably see the good, the bad and the ugly situations that I find myself in as this new venture takes place. Nevertheless, I will share with you my experiences in starting this adventure. My new business will be combining my love of traveling with my love of arts & crafts.

In writing this blog, I also want to include posts featuring my favorite recipes, books, and other favorite things. I am looking forward to this new adventure in blogging and I hope that you will join me throughout this exciting new journey.

I'll end my first post with one of my favorite quotes, and consequently the inspiration behind the title of my blog and new business:

"Keep not standing fixed and rooted. Briskly venture, briskly roam."- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




No comments:

Post a Comment