Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie

I fell in love with The Hunger Games series within the first two pages of the first book. Between the strong heroic figure of Katniss Everdeen to the vicious atmosphere of Panem and the arena, what's not to love about The Hunger Games?

I have been waiting for months for the release of the movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, and I finally got to see it tonight. Yep, I was able to see it here in Switzerland before most people back home in the US. And, the theater was virtually empty (since we went to see the English version!)

The movie was almost as good as the book! I sat on the edge of my seat the entire movie and I think that the producers and directors did a fantastic job adapting the book into a film.

Here is my favorite movie poster for The Hunger Games:

From The Hunger Games Movie Website

Have you seen The Hunger Games yet? Do you plan on going to to see it this weekend? If you have seen it, what did you think about it?

2 comments:

  1. I went to see the movie with your friend Alex and my son Mike. I had just finished reading the books which Alex had lent to me thru Nook Friends. I have read all of your blogs and thorougly enjoyed each and every one. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading my blog, and thank you for your compliments! I'm so happy that you like my blog posts! I'll be sure to keep posting some great topics! :)

    And I'm glad that you liked the Hunger Games! Wasn't it a great portrayal of the book? (Though the book is always better than the movie!)

    ReplyDelete