Saturday, March 24, 2012

Jet Set Friday: Barcelona's La Boqueria

I hope that you've survived the week and have great plans for the weekend! I wanted to share with you some pictures I took while in Barcelona a few weeks ago. 

One of the most iconic sites in Barcelona (besides everything built by Gaudi) is definitely the Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, more commonly known as La Boqueria

Situated on the famous street Las Ramblas, La Boqueria is a large farmer's market filled with food grown locally and imported from around the world. With stands featuring fresh fruit smoothies to smoked meat, this market place is certainly "must see" when visiting Barcelona.



Here are just a few pictures from La Boqueria!


This is the entrance to the marketplace. I loved the stained-glass awning!


Dragonfruit!


A fruit stall in La Boqueria!


Rambutans!


A spice stall in La Boqueria. I love all of the dried peppers hanging from the stall!






Have you ever been to La Boqueria? What was your favorite stall?
Tell me all about your experience in the comments section below!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment