Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jewelry Monday: Featuring Alkemie

I hope that you had a great weekend and that your week is filled with exciting things. Danny and I had some of our good friends over on Friday evening to celebrate our move to Basel. We spent the day in Sankt Gallen on Saturday cleaning out the old apartment, and yesterday we spent the day relaxing at home.

I have some exciting new things planned for this week. While my laptop is currently not working (sad....), at least I'll be able to use Danny's until mine is fixed (which means I'll be able to update my blog daily!) I plan to feature an AMAZING chocolate mousse recipe tomorrow (check it out, you won't want to miss it!) and I'll be featuring my new jewelry that I've made. I also plan to put up more of my jewelry on Etsy (I had wanted to put more jewelry on Etsy yesterday, but my computer is dying). On Friday I will begin my metallurgy jewelry class! Yay! I'll be sure to post about this class, so keep a look out for that as well!

Now on to more exciting things! Today I wanted to feature a jewelry collection that is green and eco-friendly. As you might not be aware or might not have noticed from my posts, I am a very big fan of jewelry that is beautiful, unique and also socially and environmentally responsible. Our world is a precious gift and we ought to take care of it and protect it.

Today's jewelry post features Alkemie, a jewelry line started by Dara Gerson & Ashley Lowengrub. Striving to achieve socially responsible and eco-friendly jewelry, Alkemie combines designs using elements of nature with reclaimed and recycled metals to create ethical pieces of jewelry.

Here are some of my favorite pieces:


This is the Elephant Torc Bracelet by Alkemie.


These are the Stingray Bangles by Alkemie.
These earrings are the Nugget & Starfish Earrings by Alkemie.

This is the Two Shark Tooth Lariat Necklace by Alkemie.

This is the Under the Sea Necklace by Alkemie.


I hope you enjoyed this post! Keep a look out this week for more great posts! And as always, thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment