Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday Quote: Hellen Keller

I hope you had a great weekend and I hope you have an exciting week ahead of you!

I have been adding new jewelry to my Etsy shop almost every day! Check out my shop to see what I've been up to lately! My Etsy shop is called Venture and Roam (just click on the link to be taken directly there!). 

I've been learning a lot in my metalsmithing class, and I've been having tons of fun learning and practicing new jewelry-making techniques. I'm hoping to have compiled a bunch of pictures of my class by next weekend so that I can share with you my experience with learning to create metal jewelry!

Today Danny and I visited the Basel Zoo and we had a fantastic time! It is a wonderful zoo filled with lots of unusual animals that I had never seen at any American zoo. Even though it was rainy out, we had a great time walking around and seeing the animals up close!

I love the quote that I picked for today's Sunday quote! It comes from Helen Keller, a woman who faced a life of hardships after an illness left her blind and deaf at the age of 19. Despite her disabilities, Helen Keller proved to be a brave woman who embraced her disabled life and lived adventurously.

I took this picture while on spring vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida.


I hope you enjoyed this quote and post! Check back for more great posts this week! And as always, thanks for reading my blog!

2 comments:

  1. we need to see the photos from the basel zoo???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only took pictures on my iPhone at the Basel Zoo, but I'll post a picture or two that I took of some of my favorite animals!

    Thanks for reading my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete