Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tasty Treat: Messy Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies

Happy Thursday!

On Tuesday, I made some of my favorite cookies: my Messy Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies! I always love oatmeal cookies (with no raisins... never liked them), but one day I was craving something more from the standard oatmeal cookie. So I decided to add some more ingredients... and voila, I had a delicious cookie that had more depth in flavor.


My Messy Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies



Here's what you need:




  • 1/2  cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened (aka room temperature)
  • 3/4  cup firmly packed brown sugar (see my Homemade Brown Sugar recipe)
  • 1/2  cup granulated sugar
  • 2  eggs (room temperature)
  • 1  teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-1/2  cups all-purpose flour
  • 1  teaspoon baking soda
  • 2-1/2  teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon salt
  • 3  cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
  • 1/4 cup chopped Toblerone chocolate (optional)


Here's what you do:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F (or 180C).

2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy.

3. Add the eggs (one at a time), and the vanilla. Beat well.

4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.

5. Add the oats and mix with a spatula.

5. Stir in the dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and chopped chocolate.

6. Spoon the batter onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then allow to cool.

Enjoy!!

YUMMM!


I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Thanks for reading my blog!

2 comments: