Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Fudgy Chewy Cakey Brownies by "My Baking Addiction"

I can't believe that its May already! It has been 8 months since I moved to Switzerland, but it feels so much shorter than that. So far, 2012 (and the last part of 2011) has been about making changes, taking leaps, and being adventurous. It has been a blast and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for me!

I have been craving chocolate for the last two weeks, so yesterday I decided to make brownies. I am a fan of chewy and fudgy brownies, while my boyfriend likes them cakey and flaky. I set out to find a recipe for brownies that would suit both of our tastes, and I stumbled across a perfect recipe on one of my favorite blogs.

I follow a blog/website called My Baking Addiction, and it is filled with the most amazing recipes for every kind of sweet that you could possible want. I found this Fudgy, Chewy, Cakey Brownies recipe on the blog and decided to make it, hoping that it would live up to its name. It comes out perfectly fudgy, chewy and cakey, and these brownies are addictive! (Unless you have the superhuman ability of perfect self-restraint, you won't be able to eat just one brownie!)

Here is a picture of the brownies from My Baking Addiction:

These brownies are the best! You can find the original link here.


Here's what you need:



* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* veg cooking spray (or butter)
* 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
* 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
* 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter (room temperature)
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 large eggs (room temperature)
* optional: 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts

Here's what you do:

1. Preheat the oven to 325F (165C).



2. Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl, then set it aside.

3.  Butter an 8-inch baking pan (or spray it with cooking spray). Place parchment/baking paper in the pan and butter (spray) the paper as well.

4. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a medium bowl over simmering water (or in the microwave on high in 20 second increments). Allow this mixture to cool.

5. Add the sugar and vanilla to a bowl.

6. Add the chocolate mixture to the sugar and vanilla. Mix well.

So that it looks like this.

7. Whisk (beat) in the eggs, one at a time until they are fully incorporated.

It should look like this after all of the eggs have been incorporated. (glassy and chocolatey!)

8. Add the dry ingredients and whisk (beat) until just incorporated.

Like this.

9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Test with a toothpick: it should come out with wet crumbs. Let the brownies cool. Then eat and enjoy!

YUMMMMM


I hope you try this recipe from My Baking Addiction! Its absolutely fabulous!

Thanks for reading my blog! Check back for more great posts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment