Sunday, March 13, 2016

Brushing off the Cobwebs

Umbrellas 


Consistency has never been my strongest attribute. 

I am a creative person. I love to dream and think of new ideas. I fall blindly into new hobbies with wild passion. I become whole-heartedly dedicated to my new hobby.


But sometimes those passions fizzle. But you know how it goes... life gets in the way, and so does procrastination. I could make up a million excuses for why I always stop, but at the end of the day it boils down to one thing. I struggle with consistency. 


I think it is time for me to admit that blogging is one of those passions. I get really excited to start blogging, and I plan to write new posts. But ultimately I lose my way. Delaying my post by a day becomes delaying my post for a week. That week turns into a month, and next thing you know, I've missed almost a year of writing. 


Perhaps one of the few things that I have been consistent with throughout my life is that I always tend to pick up my hobbies after I've set them aside to cool. I am not the kind of person who likes to admit defeat. So I pick up my old hobbies, and I always keep trying. Its time that I brush off the old cobwebs and start writing again. 


Life could not be more busy at the moment: living in Dubai, working full-time, traveling in the next few weeks, and preparing for a baby that is on the way. But its better late than never! And if I am to ever become consistent, it is time that I stop making excuses and start making progress. 


Here's to promising nothing, and reaching for the stars. Life is short, so live it well.






No comments:

Post a Comment