Wednesday, March 16, 2016

New Designs: Making Jewelry with Leftover Beads


I had a burst of creativity a few weeks ago after cleaning out some of the cupboards in our apartment. I've been experiencing the proverbial nesting behavior that comes along with preparing for a new baby. In an effort to make room for baby things, I came across all of my jewelry-making supplies hidden in a rarely-opened cabinet. 

I haven't made jewelry in quite some time. In fact, I don't think that I've made any jewelry since we moved from Switzerland to Dubai almost a year ago. But I rediscovered my treasure trove of silver beads, pearls, stone beads, and suddenly a wave of creative thought burst into my head. 

The cabinet of jewelry supplies called out to me, but as I sifted through the beads and string, I realized that I had a lot of random materials stuffed in boxes and bags. I wasn't sure what I could make from the leftovers of past jewelry projects, but I was determined to use as much of the leftover supplies as possible. 

I began to play around with different bead combinations, and I certainly struggled during my first few attempts. But as I kept changing beads and redoing strands, I found that I enjoyed the challenge of using the leftovers. I paired Swarovski crystal beads with stone skulls and other charms, and I uses lampwork beads to make pretty earrings. 

Here are some sneak peeks of the jewelry I've made over the last couple of weeks. On my next to-do list: learn how to take better pictures of my jewelry! ;) 

Pearls, Pink Quartz, Swarovski crystal bead bracelets - Venture & Roam
Pearls, Pink Quartz, Swarovski beads

Pearls, Pink Quartz, Swarovski crystal bead bracelets, stacked bracelets - Venture & Roam
Stacked Bracelets

Lampwork beads, Swarovski Crystals, Thai Silver, earrings - Venture & Roam
Lampwork Beads with Swarovski Crystals and Thai Silver

Lampwork beads, Swarovski Crystals, Thai Silver, earrings - Venture & Roam
Lampwork Beads with Swarovski Crystals and Thai Silver

Peruvian Opal Earrings
Peruvian Opal Earrings

Peruvian Opal Earrings
Peruvian Opal Earrings



No comments:

Post a Comment