Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Mantra: Happy Mother's Day!

Venture & Roam: Mother's Day Quote, quotes about motherhood, quotes for moms, Jill Churchill quote, quote about being a perfect mother



Yesterday was Mother's Day, and while baby hasn't yet arrived, Husband and I celebrated the holiday just the same. 

I don't feel like a mother yet, and I'm not sure at what point I'll feel like a mother after the baby arrives, but I do know that being a mom will be the greatest accomplishment I will ever achieve in life. 

This Mother's Day was a reminder for me to reflect upon my upcoming motherhood, and to remember that there are many ways to raise a child. 

The quote by Jill Churchill summarizes this sentiment perfectly. There is no such thing as a perfect mother, and there are many ways to raise your children. Trying to attain a level of perfection is unrealistic. One way of raising a child is not the only way of raising a child. So long as you give your child all of the love in your heart and provide for your child to the best of your ability, you're doing a good job. 

Be sure to thank your mother for all of the love that she has given you and for all of the hard work she has done to raise you. She's the only mother you'll ever have in life.

And for all of those new moms, don't be too hard on yourself if you think you're not doing the best job at this thing called motherhood. I'm sure you're doing just fine, and just remember to do everything with love in your heart. 

Life is short, share in the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment